Squishy Makeover: 3 Color Challenge
- Published on: 1/25/2019
- Hey guys! Today I am going to do the 3 color challenge (which I think started as the 3 marker challenge, possibly?) but with squishy makeovers!! This is a challenge that was started by the art community on youtube (which I'm not officially a part of, but hey), and it's been around for AGES and been done a million times. BUT, not quite like this!
Actually, I got this idea from YOU GUYS because so many people were requesting this. I originally said all this in the video, but had to cut it out since the intro was already like 5 mins long LOL.
But yeah, thanks for requesting this, it was fun!
I hope you guys enjoy this little challenge, there's lots of PAINT and MIXING. and mistakes of course....but at least it's somewhat entertaining.
Even though the 3 color challenge is a youtube thing, I think this would totally be a fun challenge to do at home when you're bored. OR a way to make the best of a low paint supply. It really does get you thinking and coming up with weird/creative designs you wouldn't have thought of.
If you guys want to see me do this agin, please let me know! Leave me suggestions for any new rules or, changes to the rules, or if you think i should do it exactly the same!
________ Materials List__________
1. CAN I SEND YOU SQUISHIES?
So many generous people have sent me their unwanted squishies so I actually have a lot to work on already
2. ARE SQUISHIES RETURNED TO THE SENDERS AFTER THE MAKEOVER?
No. Everyone gave me these squishies as donations to the series because they were no longer wanted. Everyone has been informed in advance that squishies would not be returned. It would be completely impossible for me financially to send back squishies. Just to RECEIVE these squishies costs me hundreds of dollars (I have to pay for P.O. box fees) There are MANY other reasons as well, I explained it in this video if you want to know the full list of reasons:
3. WHAT PAINT DO YOU USE?
I use fabric paint. Fabric paint is meant to stretch, so it is perfect for squishing! Any brand will work fine, but I mainly use Tulip and Scribbles. You can find it at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore, Walmart, Joann Fabrics, and Online.
4. IS PUFFY PAINT THE SAME AS FABRIC PAINT?
Yep!! Puffy paint is just a type of fabric paint.
5. WILL FABRIC PAINT CRACK?
The matte fabric paint is more likely to crack after lots of squishing. Slick fabric paints never crack. But there are benefits to both. I usually mix the two paints together to get the best of both worlds.
6. CAN I USE ACRYLIC PAINT ON SQUISHIES?
I would not recommend that. Acrylic paint will either make the squishy hard, or it will crack and flake off.
7. WHAT MEMORY FOAM DO YOU USE?
I usually just buy a memory foam pillow on Amazon.com and use that to cut up.
8. CAN YOU DO MORE SQUISHIES IN EACH VIDEO OR DO MAKEOVER VIDEOS EVERY WEEK?
I wish I could! But these videos take me about 30-50 hours to film and edit (not including waiting for the paint to dry or any breaks). And usually about 8 or 9 days of working on it. So it’s not really possible to do these any more than I am already doing without lowering the quality. PLUS! I want to keep up with my Monday videos and my art and craft videos as well ☺
Every Friday at 4:00pm ET: Alternating Squishy Makeovers, Thrift Makeovers, Craft Kit Reviews, Create This Book, Mail Openings and Miscellaneous crafts and DIYs
PURCHASE ME PRODUCTS
CREATE THIS BOOK:
CREATE THIS BOOK 2:
GET TO KNOW ME
BECOME A PATRON (GET ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVE CONTENT):
VISIT ME WEBSITE:
EMAIL PICTURES OF YOUR ART:
FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY:
For sending squishies, Letters, or general fan mail, please contact: FANMAIL@MORIAH.VIDEO to request my P.O. box address :)
•FOR SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE! Unfortunately I only respond to a small amount of people each week. This is to make sure that I get a reasonable amount of mail and can feature the maximum amount on camera. I apologize in advance if you do not hear back from me.*
Intro Music by: SHIFTYPOP
"Music: Love Light and Twinkles by JivingGerbil (link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwaUO...)"
- squishy makeover 3 color challenge 3 marker challenge how to paint squishies huge squishy collection 3 color slime challenge painting with limited colors fun crafts for adults creative projects for kids best painting projects things to do when you are bored crafts for when you are bored