Jay Fai Crab Omelet RECIPE. How to Cook Bangkok's Amazing Crab Omelette
- Published on: 9/20/2018
- Amazing Thai Crab Omelette Recipe (Kai Jeow Pu). NEW THAILAND FOOD AND TRAVEL VIDEOS EVERY WEDNESDAY. Subscribe for more Thai food videos: https://www.102tube.com/user/darrenb3. Jay Fai Crab Omelette Recipe, as featured on Street Food Thailand Netflix. Thai Food Recipes
In this video my wife and I we go to a local Thai food market for breakfast and to buy the ingredients for the amazing crab omelet that Michelin Star winner, Jay Fai, serves in her Thai street food restaurant in Bangkok, as shown on Netflix. When we get home my wife, Aorn, shows you the recipe for this amazing Thai crab omelet.
The market in the video, Maharaj Market (Krabi Morning Market, is in Krabi Town in Krabi Thailand. It’s open every day from 5am till 10:00am and its Google Maps coordinates are: https://goo.gl/maps/xmT2YEJRS1s
Thai omelette (kai jeow) is an extremely popular food in Thailand, often made with minced pork, minced chicken, prawns, crab, vegetables and many other things. It is a very popular Thai street food dish in Thailand and you will also find it at nearly all Thai restaurants, but the crab omelette by Jay Fai is quite unique.
JAY FAI CRAB OMELETTE RECIPE
- 200 grams of crab meat.
- 5 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tempura flour.
- 600 ml of cooking oil (We used soybean oil in the video)
1. Beat 2 eggs in a pouring jug.
2. Crack the other 3 eggs into an ovenproof bowl, add the tempura flour and beat well. Add the crab, but do not mix
3. Heat the oil over a medium heat for about 3 minutes and then test the temperature by dropping some of the beaten egg into it. If the egg floats on the top, sizzles and cooks quickly the oil is ready.
4. Pour it so the crab pieces end up in the centre of the omelette.
5. Let the outside cook for about 30 seconds and then begin to roll it into shape.
6. Roll into a tight cylinder. Keep rolling and pressing firmly to get it tight. Don’t press too hard, or it will split.
7. Remove any excess bits that have not bonded and keep rolling & pressing.
8. Fill any holes in the omelette with the beaten egg from the pouring jug to get it smooth.
9. Keep rolling, pressing and removing any excess bits.
10. Seal the ends with the beaten egg from the pouring jug.
11. Keep rolling, pressing and removing any excess bits and cook for 15 minutes.
12. Serve with some sprigs of coriander, chili sauce and enjoy :)
Donate to help me make more videos: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ESL6RHW9ERZ8W&lc=AU&item_name=darrenb3%20Thailand%20Videos¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted
Check out my recent video: Phuket Street Food: 8 Things You Should Try in 2019 here:
You’ll find Thai street food on many street corners in Thailand, as well as at every market, be it in Krabi, Phuket, Bangkok or Pattaya. Thai food has taken many influences from Chinese food so you will find many familiar flavours. Thai food markets and night markets are some of the best places to buy fresh and authentic Thai food while you travel in Thailand. There are loads of Thai food markets and night market all over Thailand, you’re never far from one. At the markets you'll find so many Thai dishes on offer and the foods here are cheap, and so tasty! And in case you’re worried, eating Thai street food is perfectly safe. It’s what the locals eat and it is cooked fresh and sold quickly. I’ve been eating it nearly daily since April 2012 in Thailand and my friends who have been to visit and tour Thailand have all eaten it, and none of us have had any problems. Thai street food is some of the best Thai food you’ll find in Thailand!
Subscribe to my channel for my latest vlog and for more videos on what to do and what to eat in Thailand. New Thailand videos posted regularly about Thailand including Phuket, Ao Nang and Krabi: Places to see, things to do, tours, Thai food, Thailand markets, Thai festivals & culture, Thai street food, shopping, hotels, resorts, villas, restaurants, Thailand holidays, tourism, accommodation & Thailand travel. Visit Thailand … you know you want to!
Krabi is about 2-3 hours from Phuket by land or sea, and has world class accommodation standards comparable to what you find in Phuket hotels and resorts, but in a more relaxed environment.
If you're looking into Thailand Hotels have a look at hotels and resorts in Krabi. The islands and beaches of Krabi are famous for Thailand holidays, the movie The Beach was filmed on Krabi's Koh Phi Phi Island.
I do not own the music in this video, all songs are from Epidemic Sound.
- Jay Fai Crab Omelette Recipe Jay Fai omelette Thai omelette recipe How to Cook Jay Fai Crab Omelette Thai Crab Omelette Recipe Kai Jeaw Pu Thai food recipes darrenb3 wife Bangkok omelet recipe Michelin star Thai restaurants Bangkok restaurants Bangkok holidays Bangkok hotels Thai food street food Thai street food Chinese food Thai omelette Michelin restaurant Thai food cooking Krabi Thailand street food thailand netflix Netflix street food 2019