REPLAY - The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2018 - TV SHOW - WATCH LIVE
- Published on: 9/24/2018
- In a year that was filled with drama, action and excitement across both the men’s and women’s game, The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 look set to build on the success of 2017’s event and return to London bigger and better than ever.
The winners will be crowned at the Royal Festival Hall (Southbank) on 24 September 2018, where the great and good of world football will descend upon the city to celebrate the very “best” the sport has to offer.
The shortlisted candidates for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 are:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus FC, formerly Real Madrid CF)
• Luka Modrić (Croatia/Real Madrid CF)
• Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool FC)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
• Ada Hegerberg (Norway/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Marta (Brazil/Orlando Pride)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
• Zlatko Dalić (Croatia/Croatia national team)
• Didier Deschamps (France/France national team)
• Zinédine Zidane (France/formerly Real Madrid CF)
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
• Reynald Pedros (France/Olympique Lyonnais)
• Asako Takakura (Japan/Japan national team)
• Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands/Netherlands national team)
The Best FIFA Goalkeeper:
• Thibaut Courtois (Belgium/Real Madrid CF, formerly Chelsea FC)
• Hugo Lloris (France/Tottenham Hotspur FC)
• Kasper Schmeichel (Denmark/Leicester City FC)
FIFA Puskás Award:
• Gareth Bale (Real Madrid CF) – v. Liverpool FC
• Denis Cheryshev (Russia) – v. Croatia
• Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (AEK FC) – v. Olympiacos FC
• Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Cruzeiro) – v. América MG
• Riley McGree (Newcastle Jets FC) – v. Melbourne City FC
• Lionel Messi (Argentina) – v. Nigeria
• Benjamin Pavard (France) – v. Argentina
• Ricardo Quaresma (Portugal) – v. IR Iran
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF) – v. Juventus FC
• Mohamed Salah (Liverpool FC) – v. Everton FC
FIFA Fan Award:
• Sebastián Carrera (Deportes Puerto Montt, Chile)
• Peru fans
• Japan and Senegal fans
Notes to editors
The winner of The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award will be chosen by a specialist panel, while the winners of The Best FIFA Men’s Player, Women’s Player, Men’s Coach and Women’s Coach awards will be determined by the following votes:
• 25% from national team coaches
• 25% from national team captains
• 25% from select media representatives
• 25% online vote
The voting for the FIFA Puskás Award and the FIFA Fan Award is done entirely by the general public, and is now open at www.FIFA.com.
The voting procedure for each of the awards will be supervised and monitored by an independent observer, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Switzerland.
The FIFA FIFPro World11 shortlist of 55 players will be announced on 10 September, at 13:00 BST, with the final 11 players revealed at the prestigious event on 24 September.
For more information on the voting process for each of The Best FIFA Football Awards, see the Rules of Allocation.
To keep up with the latest news about The Best FIFA Football Awards, visit FIFA.com, The Best FIFA Football Awards official Facebook page and FIFA on YouTube
Join the discussion about who should win this year’s awards by using the hashtag #TheBest.