Europe’s most fortified border is in Africa
- Published on: 12/5/2017
- The death trap that separates Europe and Africa still can't stop everyone.
Follow Johnny to stay up to date on Vox Borders:
Check out the full Vox Borders experience, including a look at how we made this series, online: http://bit.ly/vox-borders
Subscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjO
Vox Borders Episodes:
1. Haiti and the Dominican Republic ( https://youtu.be/4WvKeYuwifc)
2. The Arctic & Russia (https://youtu.be/Wx_2SVm9Jgo)
3. Japan & North Korea (https://youtu.be/qBfyIQbxXPs)
4. Mexico & Guatemala (https://youtu.be/1xbt0ACMbiA)
5. Nepal & The Himalaya (https://youtu.be/ECch2g1_6PQ)
6. Spain & Morocco (https://youtu.be/LY_Yiu2U2Ts)
The sixth and last Vox Borders episode deals with a border between Morocco and Spain. The journey to asylum is never easy. And perhaps no one knows this better than would-be African migrants to the European Union. In North Africa, on the border of Morocco, there's a Spanish town called Melilla. It's technically Europe.
So undocumented migrants and refugees, asylum seekers, wait in limbo for a chance to scale the fence and apply for asylum in Europe. It's the first of many, many hurdles. And it's a tall one.
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what's really driving the events in the headlines. Check out http://www.vox.com to get up to speed on everything from Kurdistan to the Kim Kardashian app.
Check out our full video catalog: http://goo.gl/IZONyE
Follow Vox on Twitter: http://goo.gl/XFrZ5H
Or on Facebook: http://goo.gl/U2g06o
- vox.com vox explain morocco spain africa north africa asylum refugee syria african migrants immigration borders vox borders refugee crisis humanitarian united nations strange borders countries crazy borders weird borders complex borders strange international borders most complex borders international wall border wall border fence morocco border melilla